Here is today's press release and more information on the new Oscars.org and how to enter for your chance to be on the Oscar Red Carpet!
Article courtesy of Oscars Press
LOS ANGELES, CA – The Academy today introduced the newly redesigned Oscars.org, featuring unprecedented access to its members, collections and exclusive content, including the definitive Oscars® timeline.
"This site is an extension of our ongoing efforts to inspire, educate and entertain fans worldwide," said Chief Marketing Officer Christina Kounelias. "Built on decades of history, expertise and passion for film, it’s a site that only the Academy could create."
The site features a sleek, mobile-friendly design with social media integrated prominently throughout, encouraging fans to be a part of the conversation, share their passion and connect with other movie fans around the world. Other features include a dynamic visual showcase of the Academy’s vast collections from its library and archive, 50,000 photos and videos including 86 years of Oscars highlights, and a vibrant events section that allows fans the chance to experience Academy events and programming first-hand. The previous site was built in 2008.
"Our new website expands on the relationship we've developed with millions of fans on our social channels over the past few years," said Josh Spector, Managing Director of Digital Media and Marketing. "It's a platform that allows fans to access more of what they love most about the Academy – our amazing collection assets, the expertise of our members, and the original content we create."
- Collection Highlights: With the help of some remarkable items from our Academy Collection, fans can take an in-depth look at some of the most legendary filmmakers and movies of all time. 11 collections are now available to view and new ones will be released in the coming weeks. Visitors are also able to suggest other items from around the web they think are worthy of being included in these one-of-a-kind pages.
- Oscars Ceremonies: The definitive Oscars timeline. Users can explore 86 years of photos and videos and share favorite moments in Oscar history.
- Events: Features upcoming Academy events and programs, and allows fans to go back through Academy history and relive past events.
- News: Get the latest news about the Academy and the Oscars, and hear Academy members in their own words.
- Social Drawer: This feature connects website visitors to the Academy’s social media content in real time, creating a unique way for fans to join the conversation.
- Mobile Friendly Design: The site has been custom-designed for an optimal user experience on all devices.
To celebrate the launch of the new Oscars.org, the Academy is offering fans the first chance to win tickets to the Oscar Fan Experience, in partnership with PEOPLE, by entering online for a random drawing for bleacher seats along the 87th Oscars red carpet. Those selected will watch and cheer on Oscar nominees, presenters and other guests as they arrive on OscarSunday, February 22, 2015. For more details on how to enter, click here.
Oscars.org was designed and built in collaboration with entertainment marketing agency Trailer Park.
Post a Comment